Palak Dal Tadka is a very popular Indian dish. It’s served with plain steamed rice, jeera rice, roti or parathas. It’s made by cooking lentils along with onions, tomatoes, ginger garlic, chili, and spices until soft and creamy. At the time of serving the dal, a tadka or tempering is made with oil, ghee, garlic, spices and poured sizzling hot over the prepared dal. The tadka enhances the taste and flavor of the dal.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Green chilli
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Hand full of Coriander Leaves
- Bay Leaf
- Cardamom – 2- 8
- Turmeric Powder
- Tur Dal – 1 bowl
- Palak Leaves (finely chopped) – 1 bowl
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium size
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 medium size
Steps for Dal:
- In a Cooker all 1 bowl Tur Dal, 1 bowl finely chopped Palak Leaves, 1 medium size finely chopped Onion, 1 medium size finely chopped Tomato, 4 Green Chilli, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, 2 Cardamom and 1 tsp Salt. Whin you finish to add ingredients close the cooker.
Now add 3 glass of water.
- Cook until 3 whishle and become soft.
- Take cooker aside and remove all pressure from the cooker.
- Now add some Coriander Leaves, Turmeric Powder and mix well.
Steps for Tadaka:
- In a frying pan or tadaka pan add 2 tsp Oil and 2 tsp Butter.
Add 2 tsp Cumin Seeds, ½ tsp Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp finely chopped Garlic, Curry Leaves and 3 or 4 Green Chilli (You also use dried red chilli).
- Fry them all ingredient well.
- Now add Turmeric Powder.
- Add this Tadaka in to the Dal and mix all.
Palak Dal Tadaka is now ready to serve.
*** ENJOY ***